Today's Blog Ramblings brought to you by: Kim (who had too much caffeine today)
A group of us did a fun "50 Things" questionnaire. Below is mine. Not that anyone gives a flying fig, but why not? It's a change of pace from our food and recipe blogs for a sec…you may be entertained.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. How do you like your steak?
Don't eat much red meat, it's so terribly bad for you...but when i do, medium/well please and thank you. blood triggers the gag reflex.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Um...something with my daughter
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Modern Family and anything that makes me laugh hard.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
here (beautiful florida) or michigan (where i'm from and i know the most people) Or the English countryside or an NYC brownstone
6. What did you have for breakfast?
coffee & wheat toast. mmm
7. Your favorite cuisine?
Italian, Indian, Chinese, Mexican....many. i strive to at least try different cultures
8. What foods do you dislike?
brussel sprouts or liver *gag*
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
Macaroni Grill, Mecca Fresh, Gino's or Carrabbas, or a good seafood place
10. Favorite dressing?
vinagrette or honey mustard
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
12. What are your favorite clothes?
favorite old jeans that fit just right & high heel boots. oh and jammies
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Italy- Tuscany in an old countryside B&B
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
depends on the day and my mood. do not press your luck
15. Where would you want to retire?
anywhere on the beach :) our beaches here are gorgeous
16. Favorite time of day?
sunset for sure
17. Where were you born?
sunny, tropical michigan
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
i'm sorry? i don't get the question
19. Complete this sentence. I wish that: "my good friends lived closer, i don't like that we are spread out all over the USA. Makes it tough to just pop in for coffee or borrow a pair of shoes on a whim" I also wish for world peace and an END to cancer, it's hit too many people i know.
20. Biggest fear? anything bad ever happening to my child
21. Who makes you smile?
my daughter, emily. and she drives me insane at the same time. typical kid
22. Bird watcher?
no, my attention span is much too short for such things...next
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
usually morning, but i can roll with whatever if you can entertain me and there's wine
24. Do you have any pets?
my Beverly Hills chihuahua, Bella and my husband's doggie Niko
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
when and if i decide to do so, i will "status update" until then, nope
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
a pretty princess. what lame goals and aspirations
27. What is your best childhood memory?
licking the batter bowl after my grandma made cake. getting it up my nose and in my hair.
life was simple back then
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
both i love ALL animals (except snakes and spiders)
29. Are you married?
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Yes of course
31. Downfalls? I'm clumsy, sometimes too much of a dreamer and impatient. plus i'm stubborn. i am right and you are wrong!
32. Any pet peeves?
stuck up people, ultra conservative people who judge & think their way is the only way (they should learn to think outside the box) homophobes, racists, bad drivers and mean people who are just unkind to others in general.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
34. Favorite Flower?
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
chick fil a
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
zero. i think i am a great driver. but my husband would beg to differ. who asked him anyway?
38. From whom did you get your last email? probably kristin
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Pier One, Victoria's Secret or any over-priced shoe store. why? are you buying?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
as long as it is scheduled in my planner...WHAT?
41. Like your job?
for the most part
42. Broccoli? Steamed or with cheese?
steamed or raw...i need more options
43. What was your favorite vacation?
London and New Zealand...those trips were another lifetime ago. me and hubby went on a fun cruise a couple years ago. i'll have to get back to you ok? i don't need this pressure
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
the hubs and emily
45. What are you listening to right now?
fingernails on a chalkboard
46. What is your favorite color?
Pink, because i'm girlie- but i wear mostly earth tones/black
47: Favorite Band?
that doesn't even need an answer ;) LOVE music
48: Favorite Beer?
Don't drink beer. more of a wine drinker mm 'kay?
49: Favorite Comfort Food?
Pasta, pasta...goes right to a girl's ass but so yummy!
50: Favorite ways to relax?
....the beach, browsing bookstores or vintage/thrift shops with a latte in hand, therapeutic massages, hot baths, painting, a glass of wine, going for a walk, watching a good movie with hubby, strolling through an art show, my favorite music or getting lost in a good book
Sidenote: When I find a great shop or artist, I like to share & pass it on. Look at Terry's shop (link below) I see so many pieces I love. It's worth a look-see. Her prices are great. They don’t break the bank. I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing I dislike more than overpriced anything. Through the wonders of the internet, her wares and also mine can be shipped all over the word. You have to love technology! Great little shop Terry!